|作者：wanzini 文章来源：net 点击数： 更新时间：2009-5-6||
Part II Vocabulary (10%)
Directions: Below each sentence, there are four words marked A. B. C and D. Choose the one that is closest in meaning to the underlined word in the sentence or that best completes the sentence. Write the corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet.
21. Smith’s position in this agency provides him with authority to award contracts and to ________ obligations for payment of bills as well.
A. incure B. support
C. resume D. incite
22. For all her rich experience in practicing law, the lawyer failed to pry much information out of the ________ witness.
A. sophisticated B. sober
C. obstinate D. gloomy
23. Shanghai Orient Men Basketball Team attributed its ________ National League Basketball Tournament in 2002 to a number of ________ factors.
A. losing... ominous B. embarrassing... optimistic
C. winning... advantageous D. winning... adventurous
24. A(n) ________ of employment opportunities ________ prospective employees entering the job market.
A. excess... impedes B. surfeit... hinder
C. lack…inspires D. dearth... discourages
25. Anyone who believes that war is stupid and unnecessary thinks that to lose one’s life on the battlefield is ________.
A. glorious B. futitle
C. heroic D. courageous
26. Unruly people may well become ________ if they are dealt with ________ by the people around them.
A. composed... respect B. clam... irritation
C. angry... benevolence D. dangerous... favoured
27. I was absolutely ________ when I received a C on the exam in mathematics, for I was positive that I could have got an A.
A. elated B. frustrated
C. incited D. contented
28. In this youthhood, Jack was withdrawn, preferring the company of books to that of people; consequently, in his adulthood Jack was socially ________.
A. successful B. uninhibited
C. tranquil D. inept
29. Scientists believe that a conclusion which is drawn readily before all of the relevant data are collected, analyzed and contemplated is called ________.
A. insincere B. premise
C. premature D. presumption
30. The advancement of science and technology has demonstrated that a fact appearing to contradict to certain theory may actually be ________ a more advanced formulation of that theory.
A. consistent with B. in opposition to
C. eliminated by D. incompatible with
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||